Western Australia is famous for its landscapes and serene nature spots. When it comes to mother nature’s finest works, you will find an abundance of it in this region in Australia.
During our six months road trip throughout WA, we agreed that you have the best beaches in Australia in this part of the country.
That’s a big call, considering Australia has over 10,000 beaches and we really are spoilt for choice.
But when it comes down to choosing the best for sheer quality, attractions, beauty and atmosphere – I think Western Australian beaches just come out on top.
If you’re looking for beaches with pure white sand for digging your toes into, crystal clear turquoise water perfect for swimming and snorkeling, and with the most stunning sunset over the ocean – then WA will blow your mind!
So without further ado, here are the best beaches in Western Australia you cannot miss.
- 26 Best Beaches in Western Australia
- 1. The Basin, Rottnest Island
- 2. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth
- 3. Cable Beach, Broome
- 4. Hamelin Bay, Margaret River
- 5. Bill’s Bay at Coral Bay
- 6. Elephant Rocks, Denmark
- 7. Little Beach, Two Peoples Bay Nature Reserve, near Albany
- 8. Yallingup Beach, Margaret River Region
- 9. Pinky Beach, Rottnest Island
- 10. Cottesloe Beach, Perth
- 11. Meelup Beach, Margaret River Region
- 12. Sandy Bay, Exmouth
- 13. Little Salmon Bay, Rottnest Island
- 14. Lucky Bay, Esperance
- 15. Town Beach, Broome
- 16. Prevelly & River Mouth, Margaret River
- 17. Green Pools, Denmark
- 18. Little Parakeet Bay, Rottnest Island
- 19. Waterfall Beach, Albany
- 20. Twilight Beach, Esperance
- 21. Shell Beach
- 22. Scarborough Beach
- 23. Eighty Mile Beach, Port Hedland
- 24. Cape Leveque, Kimberley
- 25. Misery Beach
- Final Thoughts on The Beaches in Western Australia
- More Australia Travel Tips
26 Best Beaches in Western Australia
Beaches in Western Australia offer something beaches on the East Coast can’t – serenity. They are a lot less crowded and developed compared to east coast beaches, so it’s easier to find seclusion, if that’s what you’re after.
But as you are about to find out, each Western Australian beach has something special and unique about it.
Go see for yourself…
1. The Basin, Rottnest Island
Rottnest Island is located 18 kilometres off the coast of Perth, and The Basin is my favourite beach on Rotto.
A stunning beach, you could be forgiven for thinking you were actually on the Great Barrier Reef. Just off the beach, a hole in the platform reef…