The city of Austin is only a four-hour drive from where I live in Texas. Although I’m closer to Houston than Austin, the city whose slogan is “Keep It Weird” has always held a special place in my heart.
I’ve spent birthdays celebrating friends and family on the iconic 6th Street, heard live music at Austin City Limits, and eaten some of the best barbecue spots in Central Texas. Yes, stay weird Austin – you beautiful Texan unicorn.
In a city that prides itself on being at the top of music, arts, culture, inclusivity, and weirdness, there is no shortage of adventure and awe waiting for every type of traveler who chooses to stay in Austin and turn the corner into this vibrant region of the Lone Star State.
TL;DR – Our Favorite Accommodations in Austin, TX
Whether you are budget conscious, living for luxury, roughing it in the great outdoors, or traveling with your four-legged best friend, Austin is home to several of the best hotels, hostels, and rentals in Texas. Here is a list of the best accommodations and places to stay in Austin.
Areas to choose from within Austin, TX
Austin is the fourth-largest city in Texas and the 11th-largest city in the United States. With a steadily growing population, it is quickly becoming a hot spot in Travis County.
For travelers and tourists looking to stay in Austin, the area has many neighborhoods to choose from when visiting. Downtown, East Austin, South Congress, Zilker, Red River Culture District, and 6th Street are among the best neighborhoods to stay in Austin.
- Best area for first-timers/tourists – Downtown Austin
- Best area for budget travelers – East Austin
- Best area for luxury travelers – Travis Heights
- Best area for safety – Hyde Park
- Best area for families – Zilker
- Best area for nightlife – Sixth Street
- Best area for culture/history – East Cesar Chavez
- Best area for shopping – SoCo
- Best area for entertainment & music – Red River Cultural District
- Best area for University of Texas students – North Loop
Where to Stay in Austin, TX
1. Downtown Austin: Best Area for First Timers/Tourists
Downtown Austin is centrally located in the city and is considered the epicenter of all that is Austin. Whether it’s the middle of the day or the middle of the night, there is always an adventure around the corner in one of the best places to stay in…