This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase. Read Disclosure.
With rich forests, rugged cliffs, an archipelago of untamed islands, volcanoes, tropical weather on one island and snowfall on another – there is so much diversity in The Canary Islands it blows my mind.
The Canary Islands are an archipelago of eight islands that belong to Spain, located just off the northwest coast of mainland Africa – 100 km west of the border between Morocco and the Western Sahara. The islands were formed by ancient volcanoes and shaped by the winds from the Sahara desert.
The Canary Islands are most recognized by the island of Tenerife, which is a hot destination for British tourists running from the horrors of English weather to soak up the sun and party. But there are more things to do in the Canary Islands than hit the beaches of Tenerife.
There are so many more places to discover and explore. In this guide, we’ll share with you the top Canary Island attractions and places to visit. Let’s get started.
- Things to Do in the Canary Islands
- 1. Experience Timanfaya National Park, Lanzarote
- 2. Catamaran sail to Papagayo Beaches, Lanzarote
- 3. See The Volcanoes at Mount Teide National Park and Las Canadas National Park, Tenerife
- 4. Marvel at The Maspalomas Dunes, Grand Canaria
- 5. Head Over to Island of Lobos, Fuerteventura
- 6. Check Out Santa Cruz, La Palma
- 7. Explore Garajonay National Park, La Gomera
- 8. Try Local Canary Cuisine
- 9. Hike in Caldera de Taburiente National Park, Tenerife
- 10. Hike on El Hierro Island
- 11. Check out the Beautiful Old Town of San Cristobal de La Laguna, Tenerife
- 12. Take the Kids to Siam Park, The Best Water Park in Tenerife
- 13. See the Dramatic Cliffs of Acantilados de Los Gigantes, Tenerife
- 14. See The Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- 15. See the Amazing Cave Jameos del Agua, Lanzarote
- 16. Take a Night Sky Stargazing Tour in La Palma, Tenerife
- Final Thoughts on Things to Do in The Canary Islands
- Accommodation in the Canary Islands
- More Canary Islands and Northern Africa Tips
Things to Do in the Canary Islands
I didn’t know much about the Canary Islands aside from Tenerife before I visited, but I’m kinda happy that I was able to discover all the great things to do in the Canary Islands that not many people know about.
Here are some unmissable attractions to add to your Canary Islands itinerary.
For more ideas about…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at y Travel Blog…