Among the major hotel chains with a presence in Canada, Hyatt has a much lower count than other groups, with just 19 hotels available from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
However, Canadians who are loyal to World of Hyatt have a lot to look forward to, as Hyatt is set to double its footprint in Canada by the end of 2026.
Hyatt to Double Footprint in Canada by 2026
Hyatt is set to double its footprint in Canada by 2026, which is good news for travellers looking for more options to earn and redeem World of Hyatt points.
Currently, the chain has 19 hotels in large and smaller markets across Canada, and 23 more are expected to open by the end of 2026.
New hotels that are slated to open include the second Canadian property within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, which will be located in Ontario’s wine country. Once open, it joins the Okanagan Valley’s Spirit Ridge as another hotel in The Unbound Collection.
Hyatt also has plans to open the Hyatt Centric Winnipeg Downtown in 2025, and the Hyatt Centric Victoria – Old Town will open its doors in 2026.
Two leisure markets that don’t currently have a Hyatt presence will also see the opening of Hyatt properties, including Hyatt Place Whitehorse in 2025, as well as Hyatt House Port Elgin in 2026.
Furthermore, a number of airport locations are set to open, including the following:
- Hyatt Place Mississauga – Airport Corporate Centre (2024)
- Hyatt House Mississauga – Airport Corporate Centre (2024)
- Hyatt Place Montreal – Trudeau International Airport (2025)
- Hyatt Place Toronto International Airport (2025)
- Hyatt House Toronto International Airport (2026)
- Hyatt Place Vancouver International Airport (2026)
- Hyatt House Vancouver International Airport (2026)
These properties that have yet to open join a handful of other hotels under the Hyatt umbrella that have opened in the past few years, including the following:
- The Anndore House, part of JdV by Hyatt, Toronto (2021)
- The Walper Hotel, part of JdV by Hyatt, Kitchener (2022)
- Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown (2022)
- Hyatt Place Toronto/Brampton (2022)
- Hyatt Centric Montreal (2023)
As the properties open, we’ll get a better sense of the categories they belong to, which will dictate the number of points required for an award booking.
More Options Coming for Hyatt Loyalists
With Hyatt set to double its footprint in Canada by 2026, World…