WestJet has announced a number of new and restored routes for Summer 2024, to destinations in both Europe and the United States.
The newly announced European routes will launch out of Halifax, St. John’s, Calgary, and Toronto, including some new and restored direct flights for Canadians to choose from.
The new US routes will be based out of Edmonton and Vancouver, and will fly to key US hubs.
WestJet’s New Routes from Halifax
WestJet is reintroducing some flight options from Halifax to London, Dublin, and Edinburgh, for the Summer 2024 season
With these direct flights available next year, Nova Scotians and Atlantic Canadians won’t have to double back to a hub elsewhere in Canada to get to Europe.
Beginning April 28, 2024, WestJet will fly direct from Halifax (YHZ) to London-Gatwick (LGW) four-times weekly until October 20, 2024, with flight times as follows:
- WS24, Halifax (YHZ) to London-Gatwick (LGW), departing 11pm and arriving 9am the next day
- WS25, London-Gatwick (LGW) to Halifax (YHZ), departing 11am and arriving 1:46pm
Four-times-weekly service between Halifax (YHZ) and Dublin (DUB) will begin June 19, 2024, and end September 1, 2024, with twice-weekly service from September 2–8, 2024. Flight times are as follows:
- WS50, Halifax (YHZ) to Dublin (DUB), departing 10:30pm and arriving 8:06am the next day
- WS51, Dublin (DUB) to Halifax (YHZ), departing 9:30am and arriving 11:32am
Thrice-weekly service between Halifax (YHZ) and Edinburgh (EDI) will begin on June 20, 2024, and end on September 1, 2024, with once-weekly service from September 2–8, 2024. The flight times are as follows:
- WS46, Halifax (YHZ) to Edinburgh (EDI), departing 10:40pm and arriving 8:04am the next day
- WS45, Edinburgh (EDI) to Halifax (YHZ), departing 9:30am and arriving 11:38am
These routes are served by WestJet’s Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft, with economy and Premium cabins available.
The flights are loaded into WestJet’s search engine, and may be booked with cash or WestJet Dollars throughout the schedule.
WestJet’s New St. John’s–London Gatwick Route
WestJet is also introducing the only currently available direct flight between St. John’s and the European continent next summer.
The seasonal flight between St. John’s (YYT) and London-Gatwick (LGW)…