A relaxing holiday in the Greek Islands is everyone’s dream, and Corfu is one of the best destinations for a beach vacation. Surrounded by the sparkling-blue Ionian Sea, Corfu island will impress you with mesmerizing views, olive grove-covered hills, picturesque villages, and gorgeous beaches.
The island is big, so you need to put some thought in when it comes to your accommodation in Corfu.
In this where to stay guide, you will discover the best hotels in Corfu and in which part of the island to find them. Moreover, we will list the best things to see in Corfu’s top areas and give useful tips to help you plan a spot-on vacation.
Read more about Greek Islands
Get the best deals in Corfu
Here’s what we’re covering:
Where To Stay In Corfu
Corfu is fairly large, with different areas offering different accommodation options. From bustling towns to laid-back traditional villages, there is a right spot for every traveler.
This breakdown of the island’s top towns and villages will help you find the best places to stay in Corfu for your holiday.
The main neighborhoods of Corfu
Following are the best places to stay in Corfu for a wonderful holiday.
1. Corfu Town – The island’s capital city, Corfu Town is perfect for first-time travelers, thanks to the many things to see and the wide range of accommodation options.
2. Sidari – With beautiful beaches and hiking trails, Sidari is Corfu’s most popular resort spot.
3. Kassiopi – This picturesque village has everything you will want from a vacation in Corfu: beautiful beaches, a hilltop castle, and a historic church.
4. Palaiokastritsa – Corfu boasts incredible beaches, and the best ones are located near Palaiokastritsa, which has many other attractions to discover.
5. Benitses – This charming seaside village is the perfect spot for a peaceful stay immersed in the island’s natural beauty.
Corfu travel tips
How to get around
Corfu is a large island, and like other Greek island destinations such as Crete, the best way to get around is by car. Renting a car will allow you to explore all the off-the-beaten paths and reach the gorgeous beaches around Corfu.
You will need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to rent a car on the island, and the driver needs…