With all of the things to do in Koh Phangan, it’s nothing short of paradisiacal. Its golden beaches and turquoise water are rivaled in beauty only by its own towering palms and lush jungle.
The island sits in the Gulf of Thailand and thrums with energy 24/7. There are numerous incredible places to visit in Thailand, but make sure you put this island on your list.
This is one of my favorite islands in Thailand, I had such a great experience here. From the bustling streets lined with food stalls to the serenity of secret beaches, there is an endless list of things to do in Koh Phangan, but here are my top 25.
1. Experience The Full Moon Party
Ok, so my first one isn’t unique, but the rest are!
Let’s start with the most obvious and popular thing to do in Koh Phangan. The majority of people who go to Koh Phangan do so for the Full Moon Party. The party takes place on Haad Rin Beach every month and brings in around 30,000 party-goers.
To get the full experience, cover yourself in UV paint, drink alcohol from a bucket, and party until sunrise. If you’re into parties, this is definitely one of the coolest things to do in Thailand.
- Where: Haad Rin Beach
- When: Every full moon
- How: Stay in one of the many accommodations near Haad Rin Beach and then walk to the party with the other neon ravers
- Cost: The party is free so just budget for however much alcohol and paint you want to buy
2. Go Diving at Sail Rock
Sail Rock is without a doubt the best dive site in the Gulf of Thailand. The rock is about an hour’s boat ride from Koh Phangan and suitable for divers of all levels. Star players at this dive site include manta rays, barracuda, and whale sharks.
- Where: Sail Rock, situated between Koh Phangan and Koh Tao
- When: Year-round but the best diving conditions are from April – October
- How: Book a diving tour from one of the reputable dive schools on the island. Click here for a beginner dive, and click here if you’re already certified.
- Cost: 2000 – 2500 Baht ($70-80USD)
☞ SEE ALSO: Things To Do in Bangkok – Top 13 Awesome Things You Won’t Want to Miss
3. Gorge on Thai Food in The Thong Sala Night Market
The energy in the Thong Sala Night Market alone makes it one of the best things to do in Koh Phangan. But, that’s not why you go. From steaming bowls of pad thai to fresh falafel slathered in hummus, the night market is a foodie paradise. There are so many incredible foods…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Goats On The Road…