Montreal-based Laurentian Bank has unveiled a refreshed lineup of credit cards in conjunction with Brim Financial. The suite of cards includes a modest selection of options for travel rewards and cash back, as well as low-interest and no-fee cards.
As part of the refresh, there is a new welcome offer on the Laurentian Bank Visa Infinite Card for $600+ in points and First Year Free. Furthermore, the Laurentian Bank Visa Cashback has an offer worth $500+ cash back and First Year Free.
The offers are available until May 15, 2023.
Laurentian Bank Visa Infinite: $600+ in Points
The flagship Visa Infinite product on Laurentian Bank’s lineup of credit cards comes with a flashy design and a healthy welcome bonus worth upwards of $600.
The welcome offer accelerates the regular earn rates by for the first three months and up to $5,000 spent, structured as follows:
- 12 points per dollar spent (equivalent to 12% cash back) on gas, groceries, travel, transportation, and recurring payments
- 3 points per dollar spent (equivalent to 3% cash back) on everything else
After that, the card’s regular earn rates are as follows:
- 2 points per dollar spent (equivalent to 2% cash back) on gas, groceries, travel, transportation, and recurring bills
- 1 point per dollar spent (equivalent to 1% cash back) on everything else
Crunching the numbers, if you were to max out the the 12% on gas, groceries, travel, transportation, and/or recurring payments, you’d earn a total of 60,000 points in the first three months, which is equivalent to $600 as a statement credit.
To boot, the card comes with a First Year Free offer, as well as a rebate on adding two authorized users (worth $50 each). After the first year, the card’s annual fee is $130, and authorized users cost $50 each.
You can also earn up to 17,000 more points (worth $170) by completing the following actions:
- Earn 10,000 bonus points (worth $100) when you set up a pre-authorized payment within the first three months
- Earn 5,000 bonus points (worth $50) when you set up an installment plan for an eligible purchase within the first three months
- Earn 2,000 bonus points (worth $20) when you refer a friend or family member to the card
In total, if you were to max out the welcome bonus through spending and earn the additional 17,000 bonus points, you’d have netted a total of $770 of value in the first year, without incurring an annual fee.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Prince of Travel…