Thanks for your support! If you make a purchase using our links in this article, we may make a commission. And, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure here.
If you love RVing, you probably want to RV all year round. Unfortunately, many travel trailers can’t handle cold temperatures, leaving you shaking and shivering inside instead of enjoying a great RV trip. Thankfully, this isn’t the case for all trailers: enter the best used 4-season travel trailer brands.
Used 4-season travel trailers let you enjoy an amazing RV trip for less maney than their newer model counterparts, even when temperatures drop below freezing. Let’s take a closer look at used 4 season travel trailers, and some of the best brands available today.
Can You Live In A 4-Season Travel Trailer In The Winter?
Want to stay in your travel trailer year-round? The good news: with the right trailer, it’s entirely possible.
If you want to spend the winter in your trailer, you’ll need a four-season RV. These will have the proper insulation to ensure you stay comfortable, even when it’s freezing cold outside. But even with a 4-season travel trailer, there are still some more steps you’ll want to take for maximum comfort.
To keep your RV warm and comfortable in the winter:
- Insulate windows with plastic film or bubble wrap
- Use thermal drapes, or cover windows with quilted fabric or polar fleece.
- If possible, stick the drapes to the walls using velcro to prevent drafts
- Cover vent openings with specially made RV vent covers or foam board insulation
- Get an insulated cover for your AC to protect it and prevent drafts
- Insulate any openings to the outside, such as plumbing and electrical openings, using low-expansion spray foam
- Use rugs to insulate the floor
Keep in mind, though, that this extra insulation can lead to extra moisture in the RV. To help counteract this, it’s smart to run a dehumidifier, as that extra moisture can cause damage to things like plumbing.
With a 4-season RV and these extra precautions, you’ll be able to stay warm and cozy, no matter what the weather outside is like.
The 10 Best Used 4-Season Travel Trailer Brands
Let’s take a look at the 10 best used brands of 4-season travel trailers. Each of these brands will have at least one, usually…