Seoul in South Korea is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world — but much like Japan, it tends to have a higher price point when it comes to accommodation (which is unlike the rest of the countries in Asia). Rest assured, with the help of this list, I will be giving you the best value-for-money hotels in Seoul starting from cheap hostel picks up to luxurious choices in order to make the most of your budget and time!
Seoul has 25 districts (gu) that are further subdivided into 522 sub-districts (dong); however, it helps to note that there is NO clear city centre. Nevertheless, below are the top 5 districts to choose from and I will be delegating my hotel picks on these districts per category for your convenience.
– Myeong-dong: In Jung-gu, an area best for those interested in food and shopping
– Insa-dong: In Jongno-gu, an area best for those interested in culture and historical sites
– Hongdae: In Mapo-gu, an area best for those interested in a hip and more youthful scene
– Gangnam: In Gangnam-gu, an area best for those interested in ‘hallyu‘ (Korean wave), nightlife and shopping
– Itaewon: In Yongsan-gu, an area best for those interested in food and nightlife
– – –