DragonPass is the exclusive provider of lounge access for Mastercard and Visa products in Canada.
In this guide, we’ll take a deeper look at DragonPass and its relationship with Visa and Mastercard in Canada, by looking at which credit cards give you a membership, how to enroll, and which lounges you can access.
What Is DragonPass?
DragonPass is a Guangzhou-based travel services provider, best known for its lounge memberships. Under its network, it lists 1,300+ lounges and 1,000+ restaurants in 700 airports worldwide.
For some time, DragonPass has been the lounge partner of Visa products in certain markets, such as Asia-Pacific and Europe. In Canada, DragonPass became the sole provider of lounge access on Visa and Mastercard products in 2022.
It’s worth noting that Canadian credit card issuers market DragonPass lounge memberships under the Visa Airport Companion Program and Mastercard Travel Pass, which we’ll discuss in detail below.
Which Credit Cards Provide Free DragonPass Memberships?
As mentioned, DragonPass is the exclusive lounge access partner of Visa and Mastercard in Canada.
Through these partnerships, select credit cards provide complimentary DragonPass memberships, with the only requirement being that you have one of those credit cards.
Visa cardholders can access DragonPass memberships through the Visa Airport Companion Program, which is available as an app on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
The Canadian-issued Visa cards that provide the cardholder with a complimentary DragonPass membership, as well as a specific number of free visits each year, are as follows:
- BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card, six complimentary visits
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card, six complimentary visits
- CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card, six complimentary visits
- CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card, four complimentary visits
- CIBC Aventura® Gold Visa Card, four complimentary visits
- Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege Card, six complimentary visits
- RBC® Avion Visa Infinite Privilege†, six complimentary visits
- Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card, six complimentary visits
- Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Business Card, six complimentary visits
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege*…