On Tuesday, May 23, the Government of Canada announced that the current Trusted Traveller Program will be replaced by a new Verified Traveller Program. The intention behind the move is to improve the security screening experience while still maintaining high standards.
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) will debut the new Verified Traveller Program in select airports by June 21, 2023, right in time for the busy summer travel season.
The New Verified Traveller Program
The new Verified Traveller Program will offer eligible travellers a number of benefits at security screening checkpoints. When making the rounds through security, Verified Travellers can keep laptops, large electronics, and compliant liquids and gels in their carry-on baggage.
When passing through a metal detector or other security device, Verified Travellers may keep their shoes, belts, and light jackets on, too.
Passengers who are eligible for membership in the Verified Traveller Program are as follows:
- Members of NEXUS and Global Entry
- Active members of the Canadian Armed Forces and US military, including reservists, with valid ID
- Canadian aircrew and airport workers with Restricted Area Identification Cards
- International aircrew (in uniform) with valid airline ID
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers, Canadian police officers and constables with a badge and proper photo identification issued by their respective organizations
Children who are 17 and under, and adults who are 75 and older, will be allowed to accompany Verified Travellers through CATSA Verified Traveller screening, as long as they’re on the same reservation.
Between June 7 and June 21, 2023, dedicated Verified Traveller screening lines will be available at a number of domestic and international checkpoints at the following airports:
At the following airports, Verified Travellers will receive front-of-the-line access at security, and may be accompanied by co-travellers of any age booked on the same reservation:
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
- Greater Moncton Roméo Leblanc International Airport (YQM)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
- Kelowna International Airport (YLW)
- Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
- Regina International Airport (YQR)
- Saskatoon International Airport (YXE)
- St. John’s International Airport (YYT)
- Victoria International…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Prince of Travel…