With 2023 now upon us, Aeroplan’s Everyday Status Qualification has now reset for another year, and it’s again time for those of us who prefer to earn status without flying to begin the grind towards 100,000 qualifying points.
Earn Aeroplan 25K Status Without Flying
Aeroplan members who earn 100,000 Aeroplan points in a calendar year from eligible transactions will automatically qualify for Aeroplan 25K Status.
Once you qualify, you’ll have status for the rest of the current calendar year, and through the end of the following year.
Thus, if you earn 100,000 points between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023, you’ll have Aeroplan 25K Status until the end of 2024.
Throughout the year, you’ll be able to track your progress towards Everyday Status Qualification on your Aeroplan dashboard. However, it’s only visible for members who don’t currently have status.
Hopefully this will change in the future, as current status members might also wish to secure at least Aeroplan 25K status the following year through this channel.
Not every Aeroplan point you earn counts toward Everyday Status Qualification. The following transactions are eligible:
- Flight activity: cash tickets on Air Canada, or on partner airlines with mileage credited to Aeroplan
- Spending with Aeroplan co-branded credit cards
- Earning points through the Starbucks, LCBO, and Uber partnerships
- eStore base points, including limited-time bonuses of up to 10x points, specific to each retailer
And these activities are excluded:
- Credit card welcome bonuses
- Points converted from other programs, such as American Express Membership Rewards
- Buying, gifting, or transferring points between members
- eStore bonus points awarded on the basis of Aeroplan Elite Status
- Points + Cash tickets
- Contests and other promotional bonuses
Eligible transactions will be flagged with “EDQ” in your Aeroplan activity log:
If you plan on maintaining Aeroplan 25K Status through everyday spending, it would be best to use an Aeroplan credit card and earn everyday-qualifying points directly.
As your primary method to earn Aeroplan points, it would take $100,000 spent on a core Aeroplan card (Visa Infinite, or the American Express Aeroplan Card), $80,000 spent on a premium Aeroplan card (Visa Infinite Privilege or Amex Reserve), or less if you take advantage of bonuses on some spending categories.
(If you use an American Express MR-earning…