This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase. Read Disclosure.
When it comes to finding the best beaches in Australia, you can’t miss the Queensland beaches.
The Queensland coast stretches over 7,400 kilometres, and features over 1,700 beaches (not including the tropical island beaches off its shores, which adds another 1,900 to the list).
So choosing the best beaches in Queensland is no easy task when you have such a huge pool to narrow down.
When it comes to choosing the best of the best, we have picked beaches that suit any type of traveller, such as families, surfers, couples, and adventurers.
Whether you seek remote, isolated patches of sand with crystal clear water gently lapping ashore and a hammock strung from a palm tree, or beaches with huge surf, or amazing coastal walks…you can find all that and more in Queensland.
- 22 Best Beaches in Queensland
- 1. Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast
- 2. Coolangatta Beach, Gold Coast
- 3. Greenmount Beach, Gold Coast
- 4. Rainbow Bay, Gold Coast
- 5. Seventy Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island
- 6. Mooloolaba Beach, Sunshine Coast
- 7. Noosa Main Beach, Sunshine Coast
- 8. Agnes Water Beach – Central Queensland
- 9. The Beach on Lady Musgrave Island
- 10. Airlie Beach – Whitsunday Islands
- 11. Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Islands
- 12. Huntingfield Bay – Magnetic Island
- 13. Cape Tribulation Beach – Daintree National Park
- 14. Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island (K’gari)
- 15. Sunshine Beach
- 16. Radical Bay, Magnetic Island
- 17. Ellis Beach
- 18. Nudey Beach, Fitzroy Island
- 19. Four Mile Beach, Port Douglas
- 20. Tallebudgera Creek
- 21. Tangalooma Wrecks Beach, Moreton Island
- 22. Point Lookout Beach, North Stradbroke Island
- Final Thoughts on Queensland Beaches
22 Best Beaches in Queensland
From the surf breaks of the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast to the island hideaways in The Whitsundays to the coral cays of the Great Barrier Reef, to the tropical paradise of Cape Tribulation, there’s a Queensland beach with your name on it.
So if you fancy a bit of beach time and Queensland sun, add some of these to your list of beaches in Queensland to visit.
1. Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast
Burleigh Heads National Park beach is an all-time family favourite of ours and a beach we always return to on any trip to the Goldy!
I love to start the day by watching the magnificent sunrise and the surfers taking on the world-class surf break on the point. It’s a magical spot as the colours…